Sunday, February 12, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah!


I'm sitting here at home thinking about all of the work I have to do next week. My weekend goes by so quickly! I worked yesterday and now have to fit all of the chores into tody- by myself, because, of course, my hubby has a trip! Ah life- when work calls, off he goes. No regular 9-5 schedule for my man.

What I've really been thinking about is my friends- I miss them. My friends now live all over the place- Washington, Reno, Lake Forest, Glendora, Colorado, Riverside, Las Vegas....

I MISS MY FRIENDS!!!!

I am getting ready to turn 30 and chances are that I will not see any of my friends to celebrate. One would think that at 30 years old I would be old enough to not worry about that sort of thing. Well tough! I'm not and I'm not going to be happy about it! If I weren't so dignified I just might throw myself on the ground and have a tantrum- how silly.

I realize I am no longer in college and can go down to the local coffe shop to hang out with my friends, but I still want to. I miss being together, laughing about stupid things- doing stupid things. I miss the comraderie so much. Ok now I might cry- even that is easier with my friends.


Well friends- I miss you and I hope you are all well.

Love, Cat

P.S. I need a girls nite like nobody's business!!!

5 comments:

Kat said...

Let's hear it for Girls Night!! All strong women unite!!
I know exactly how you feel. The coffee shop chats, the hanging out, and the just plain seeing your friends everyday...well, I miss it too. So, I am blah, blah, blahing right along with you, my friend till the end. We don't have to conform. We can fight the Empire. Women, let's get togther for some dirnks, some munchies, some good old fashioned story sharing, and maybe a wee bit of gossip...who's with me?

Cate said...

I'm sorry, why are you thinking I won't celebrate your birthday with you?! Are you crazy?! I think I may have a hurt feeling coming on. Good luck with work this week. Call me when you can & we'll try to set something up. Love you my soon to be birthday friend. I miss you too.

Cat said...

Cate- Please don't have hurt feelings! I meant that I won't see y'all ON my birthday. It's a Monday- I sure hope to see you to celebrate!

Cate said...

I was just being sarcastic 'bout the hurt feeling. I was being silly. Hard to type tone of voice in a comment I guess. Can't wait to see you!

Dani said...

I know that answering machine tag is just not the same...but answering machine therapy is a pretty good second. Thanks for calling me tonight and filling me in. And thanks to Kate for sending me the link that actually connects me with your updated blog. I have been seriously delinquent. Alec is adorable! I can't wait to see him up cloase and persona again. We want some pics of Abby, too! And about the contagious bit...amen...it's hard to be the positive one, but it does spread. I am feeling alright up here (thatnks to M and D) but it's been hard to sound anything but forelorn when we talk since I miss you, you miss me. But I'm going to do my best to spread the cheer, too. New question: McDreamy or McSteamy? I am a McDreamy kind of gal.