Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh- 8?

It's hard to believe that it is now 2008. I can remember when, in the 1990s- oh so long ago- I would imagine the day I turned 24. It would be March of 2000! Wow 2000 and 24, I'd be so grown-up and old.

Needless to say, now I laugh at my naivete. 24 old? I was so dumb at 24, so lost, so confused as to who I was. How can you be grown-up if you don't know your ass from your elbow? Unfortunately, I think I may still need some anatomy lessons. At the grand old age of 31 (32 in March) I am finally starting to sort some things out about my self.

I did not know that I secretly wanted to be a rock star. Can you imagine? Me neither, but it's true. I didn't know that I would really enjoy snowboarding. I do. I really do. I fall down the mountain more often than not, but I still love it. I've also decided something- I want to take race car driving lessons. To some of you that may not be a surprise if you've driven with me, but I found it surprising none the less. I imagine I would giggle the entire time, but I don't care- I feel the need, the need for speed!

Now comes the crux of my situation- #1 I have two small children I should be caring for. I shouldn't be galloping off to relive some missed part of childhood. But... IIIIIIIIIII Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnntttttttttt toooooooooooooo! (Whining didn't work as a kid either- Damn)
#2- I have bills to pay and responsibilities to take care of. Honestly, that will never change so why should it stop me?

But you know what? I'm almost 32 years old and dammit, so what if it's taken me this long to figure some things out? Who says I CAN'T? Me? Well I think I'll just tell myself to stuff it and do these things anyway. So I don't get a record deal- who cares? Look what it did for Brittney- I don't need that circus. So I don't join the winter x-games? I think I'll survive. (I think) So I don't win the Piston Cup? As long as I don't piss my pants I'll be a winner!

Ok- So here goes- my hopes and secret dreams are out in the universe, secret no longer- Let's just see what happens huh? Either way it should be entertaining to watch on video. Maybe I'll make a bundle from my bio-pic on you-tube! Hey, it's a thought.

5 comments:

Cate said...

As your darn good friend, I'm also going to tell you to "Stuff it". You should take the lessons. Save up, ask for gift cards towards it, WHATEVER. I think it'd be awesome! Can I come watch? I'll be your water girl! Oh wait, not sure they have those in car racing. Matters not. I support you!

Miriam said...

J's family did a class somewhere in godforsakenland (cali) so you should totally begin plotting. I know! You could blog about it... oh.

If you do it you are required to post a video. And take off the helment and shake your hair around like a Charlie's Angel. {So we can live through you, of course...}

Kat said...

I say do it!! If you want it, no one should stop you, including you. You get one shot in this world. No regrets, please. And look out, I might be singing next to you, or coming up on the inside track or, heaven forfend, roll down the hill past you in a ball of snow. Woo-woo!!

Anonymous said...

People will ask me "isn't she your wife?" And I'll say "I'm not saying I won't sleep in the same bed with her. I'm just saying if she comes near me, I'm putting her in the wall.

I'm 100 miles away, son. Ready to strike.

Agent Orange

Dani said...

Oooh..Days of Thunder here we come! I say...why not do them all at one time? Yeah! Bring the band with you and sing along while racing up the hairpin roads to go snowboarding...awesome! Am I painting the picture for you? Go get 'em girl!