Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm getting too old for this...

Turkey Sandwich: $9.00 (No Mayo)

Chocolate "Mousse": $7.00 (Not mousse but cake)

2 Flirtinis: $25.00 ($12.00 each!)

Eating our most expensive meal of the trip at the Forum shops mall food kiosk where rubbing alcohol is the same as vodka: Priceless

I've determined that I "missed out" on a lot of the more cliche things in life. I rarely drank in college and never went to Texas for spring break. I wasn't in a sorority- Cottey cured me of that. All women, all the time for 2 years- my god! I've never "dated" in the clasic sense. I don't have tattoos or my belly button pierced. (Eiher one of them) And I didn't go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday.

However, I just went with my friend Kathy to "Vegas". And at 30 years of age I've decided that most people have more money than sense and that my body was not meant to be up all hours and walk around too long in stupid high heels!

That said- I had a blast. This trip has been 2 years in the making and it sure was worth the wait. We had so much fun!

Ironically, we drank only little and gambled very little as well. Our money was put to good use- we shopped... and shopped... and shopped!

Have you ever seen, let alone touched $900 shoes? Wow! More money than sense expamle #1! Jimmy Choo shoes- that looked painful but hey, there was a matching purse for $750! That's style baby!

We spent WAY too long in the MAC store buying WAY too much stuff, but we sure felt pretty after and really, if that's not worth it I don't know what is.

We enjoyed people watching and even some people (guys) watching us. If you got it flaunt it, if you don't flaunt it anyway.

It's very true that "Vegas" seems to be a free-get-out-of-reality card for most people. An excuse to act as risque or silly as we want without judgment. I'm not sure we're not judged, but if you play your cards right (ooh I'm good) you're too oblivious to care.

I'm still not sure if I was more blinded by the daylight or the night lights of "Vegas" but I was sure dazzled by the sheer scale of the adult fantasy land. It is insane- truly.

Things I've learned in "Vegas":

Always be specific when ordering alcohol- not every vodka is the same.

Never assume that she is a she! (or he is a he)

Don't bother trying to drive anywhere. If you can't walk it, don't bother.

Heels may be cute, but flats will get you there faster.

Try one thing you've never done before, because here it's probably legal. (Gambling people, gambling... dirty birds)

Go with you girl friend once and enjoying shopping, drinking and being silly and carefree.

Don't go on the weekend- unless fly!

I realize I haven't really told you what we did, but... wait for it....

What happens in "Vegas" stays in "Vegas"!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Since when does Vegas require quotes? Is there some sort of fantasy Vegas I don't know about...other then the fantasy that is Vegas? ;) I'm glad you gals had fun...you should have called me to let me virtually tag along!

Cate said...

I'm so glad you guys had a blast. I was hoping you'd get around to that eventually.

How does 2 $12 drinks cost $25? I'm glad you don't have any of your belly buttons pierced :-) Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I have a girls trip planned for vegas and you make me very excited!
Bree