Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Give me a minute, I'm thinking...


I really have nothing to say. No funny stories. No good news, but no bad news either. Hey maybe no news is good news.

Wait, I know something I haven't shared! Randy took on a mini-moon 2 weeks ago. We used some of the hotel points he's earned over the past 5 years and went down to San Diego. He looked it all up and also found a new play being presented at the Old Globe. "ACE"- a musical about pilots- talk about perfect, right? So he booked us a one night stay at the San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Hilton. Apparently a VERY big deal.

My hubby is a "Diamond" member of Hilton Points and because of that he can get some nice rooms and amenities. When we arrived they asked us to choose our treat- basically a snack. I could choose from, peanuts, crackers or chocolate buttons. I chose the chocolate. FYI "chocolate buttons" is Hilton code for M&Ms. Also a small bottle of wine- nice huh? They also comped out breakfast at their buffet. Super nice.

We had fun being adults. I really enjoyed the play, Randy did too.
We took a cab to and from the play. The walked around the "gaslamp" district. Like a swanky downtown. It's in the process of being restored but had some great restaurants and silly and expensive shops. We ate a the San Diego Sevilla for a late dinner, super yummy. Then walked back to the hotel.

The next morning we took our time coming home. Stopped in Temecula to look at the Outlets- a bit of a waste, but I was with Randy so I didn't mind.

Overall the trip was SUPER- Thanks Hubby- you rock!


So I guess I did have news- silly me. Helps when you turn on your brain!

5 comments:

Cate said...

major points for randy. major points!

Anonymous said...

Just remember - the men who build the airplanes and the men who fly them are completely different!!!

Agent Orange (AKA General Principle)

Kat said...

Super groovie. You two deserved some much needed alone time!! Well done.

Miriam said...

The most romantic thing is that he arranged it all. Priceless!

Dani said...

Good job for noticing! That was something he did so very right and even though it wasn't exactly expected you noticed. You get major points, too! (I have learned that girls, like you and ME, are sometimes looking in the wrong direction and miss such things completely.) I am so glad you had a fab mini!