Thursday, March 08, 2007

And next week I'm getting a walker...

I'm old. No really, I mean it, I am old. This past month I've been to seen the doctor twice and the oncologist. Yep I'm old.
First off, I went to the oncologist to get a mole removed. It was benign- so no worries. But now I have an inch and a half scar on my belly. Quite the collection I'm getting. I've had that mole for 30 years and I feel like some small part of my personality has been excised from my soul. Wow, that was deep, kind of like something some one old would say. Oh right, I am old.
Many of you may think I'm reacting to turning 31 next week. Honestly I'm fine with 31- fine being a relative term. No really, 31 is just one more than 30 and it's not old- but I am. SO for those of you that have more years on me, I don't want to hear back about how old you are- you're not old, I am.
I have high cholesterol- there I said it. 172 high. My dirty little secret is out. I have to take cholesterol medication- see, I'm old. Next thing you know I'll be needing something for my arthritis. And did I mention I have to probably take this medication for the rest of my life? Yep- right along with my Metamucil!
I realize that I should be grateful that I can even take these meds to protect against heart disease. I know that I shouldn't complain, but too bad, I am. I'm sure I'll get over it... well maybe not, but at least I'll quit complaining so loudly. Wait a minute... It sort of sounds like I'm acting childish- AWESOME! Maybe I'm not so old- oh wait... maybe that's the senility setting in.
Dammit! Where are my teeth? I can't find them and it's time for my pudding.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it better than taking the other pill every day because you don't have to worry about that.

And yes it sucks but I love you the same!

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you are doing well. I was in my 30's when my high cholesterol was discovered. Let's see, it was 500+, don't know just how hight because it went off the chart. So you must be doing something right (eating?) Damn right you are lucky to have the medication to take, BUT, you don't have to like. Just take it and stay around, we all love you even if you are old.

Anonymous said...

I saw you put your teeth next to your keys... Oh well, you don't need them for pudding anyway.

Felix Pardalis said...

mmmmmmmm... pudding.

Cate said...

at least taking old people pills will increase your water intake.
:-)

love you, scars, clogged ateries, pills & all. let's compare grey hairs shall we?

Anonymous said...

Being more than 2X as "old" as you, here's my perspective: I've worn glasses since I was 7. My cholesterol is fine, so blame your parents- they're the people I blame for my high blood pressure and my height (which is not very high). But despite your scars and your lipids, you are still the only person I can imagine being in the Costume shop. So stay healthy and eat your veggies and take any pills you need!

Miriam said...

I don't understand the music and fashion lately.

Restaurants appeal to me when they are "reasonable".

I drive slower.

Also, I would like to go to bed earlier.

Does the walker come with a seat attached, and maybe somewhere to leash a toddler? 'Cause if so, I'm in.

Dani said...

And now they (the great they in the sky) have taken away one last hour of 30 due to the new improved daylight savings time. It is a conspiracy.
I have to celebrate though...you sound like Weesa (I can't spell-ok?-I mean the gal from Steel Magnolias)and if that is how it is going to be when you get old, I say bring it on. Cuz IT'S ENTERTAINING AS F@*K!

Cate said...

wow's it's been 2 days short of a month since you've posted & you were giving dani grief? get with it girlie!