Tuesday, June 26, 2007

To Absent Friends...

Dear Aunt Bevie-

I just want you to know how very much I miss you, how we all miss you. It has been an interesting 2 years since your passing. I'm still not over it, I'm sure I never will be. I think of you so often and just wish to share with you all the joys and sorrow of my life. Mama misses you most of all. She misses you everyday.

Most of all I wish you could have met Alexander. You would so enjoy seeing him grow up and interact with Abby. Do you know he calls her Sissy? I don't think anyone taught him that, I think he just said it one day. Abby often speaks of you and how she misses you.

Every now and then I am just filled with an immense sadness and the urge to cry. I think of you and how very much I love you. I miss laughing with you, crying with you, shopping with you and just being with you.

I would stomp my feet and shout to the heavens that, "IT'S NOT FAIR!", but some how I think you'd be the first to remind me, "Tough shit! Life isn't fair." You're right it isn't and no amount of tears and anger will change that, but I can still try! You aren't the only stubborn one in the family! :)

Thank you for being an awesome Auntie- to me, to Randy and to our children. I know that you watch over us and laugh and laugh at our silliness.


So here's to you my dear Aunt!

Have a rum and coke for me, Go Dodgers!, Wanna go to Weinerschnitzel?, Need some new shoes? and Tough shit- I love you.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Cate said...

i miss her too. she was rad.

Anonymous said...

And if you ever decide to visit - I'll pour you some of the Parrot Bay we still keep for you...

Always in my heart.

R

Dani said...

Sounds like Aunt Bevie isn't all that absent after all...though I recognize that going shopping with a memory is not as fun. Who will tell you if the shoes are right or just plain ugly? Big hug honey. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I miss her so much......

Anonymous said...

Time for a new posting, Cyrano is up and the show must go on, no matter how much we miss her. Momma