Tuesday, November 28, 2006

How hard is it really?

How hard is it? If it doesn't belong to you, don't take it. Simple right? Apparently it is a concept we humans have one hell of a time understanding.
My nephews car was stolen today. He's 19 years old with a brand new job, trying to make it through college. Some jerk decides to steal his car. Granted it was a 1965 Mustang a highly iconic car, but really? It wasn't theirs to take and they did it anyway. How rude. How selfish. How mean.
And why? How will their life advance because of it? Probably not as much as the ride meant to my nephew. School and work are all he was able to do and now he may not be able to do that. HOW CRAPPY!
It really makes me mad, especially at this "time of year". We're supposed to be thinking of others dammit- not stealing cars and getting in to fist fights at Best Buy over what basically amounts to an expensive pile of crap. Now, that last bit didn't happen to me, but I saw it on the news and was once again dumbfounded at the selfishness and baseness of people. Merry Christmas- I punched a guy out to get you that - Don't I love you? Aren't I a great person? Ummm, NO! Hi! Kind of missed the point jackass!
GRRRR... I think I may boycott the whole gift giving thing this year- It's not like I could buy my nephew a car, a gift that would actually do some good and be appreciated.
People suck sometimes....crap.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Argh! We met your nephew and he was a sweetheart. That sucks, dude.

What ARE they thinking, really?

Here's hoping he had some insurance... wish we had an extra car.

Anonymous said...

Does he want a slightly used 2001 Ford Explorer 2-dr, that may or may not need transmission work at some unknown point in the future? (Seriously - that's about what the mechanic told me. That was over a year ago. The tranny's been running fine ever since, not one problem.)

Because I have one that I'm willing to part with, if he has $6000 or so.

Seriously though - I agree, that absolutely sucks, especially since he loved the car. People are inherently selfish - I laugh at those that think that man is inherently good. 'taint so, I'm afraid. And, believe it or not, crooks have been known to justify their actions with "oh, but they have insurance, so it's no real loss to them!" Maybe, maybe not - but when you're dealing with something that has sentimental value, thar ain't no insurance that can cover that!

Bastards.

(Side note - my parents had a motorhome that was stolen once. My dad had to tell my mom to stop smiling - they were HAPPY it was gone! - lest the cops think she was in on it. For that matter, I really wouldn't be heartbroken if the Ford was stolen. One less car payment, and I don't _really_ need it.)

Anonymous said...

I mean really!