Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's all in the coat...



Now in life there a great many mysteries- the mystery of the coat is one I LOVE to see. Each "generation" or so an actor comes along that knows how to wear clothes- no matter what you put on him they know how to carry it. And then there's the coat- you know what coat I'm talking about... THE COAT.

Andre and I had such fun fabric shopping and when he picked this out we both knew that it would be FABULOUS. (It's a heavy velveteen with a gold stencil pattern) I worked so hard on this coat and every finger prick was totally worth it. I am honestly proud of this coat. It is the kind of coat that would look good on a dressform. And the actor wearing it just takes it to a whole new level... This coat is on the same level as the "Hamlet" coat and "The Mr. Darcy walking in the mist" coat. I mean really...Those of you in the know, know what I'm talking about.

I hope that this coat is used again... I'm having a hard time not taking it home!

Here's to the "Mystery of the Coat!"... mmmmmm....

PS: The Country Wife is still playing: November 30th, December 1st and 2nd at 8pm and December 3rd at 2pm. 909-537-5844

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Cat! It's great having beautiful work to be proud of. I proud of you for being proud of your coat.

What is it about a great coat anyway?

Anonymous said...

Nice one Kitty Cat!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm....I wonder who "anonymouse? is? It weren't me as they say in the south. I loved the coat, and the skirts, and the shirts, etc. etc. etc. Congrants on another well done. Momma