Wednesday, October 18, 2006

But wait there's more...

I should know better than to ask a question...
Imagine this if you will... A cool October evening, dress parade has just finished and I take a jaunt on down to my shop and what do I see....

Well let me tell you- men, a large amount of men tear out the walls of my building. So I think to myself, "Self. Are they going to take my walls too?" You see, it had been discussed that they would be taking ONE of my walls apart to make sure it did mold- 1 turned in to all... and my all I mean ALL! Every last drywall wall. ALL!

Have you seen my shop? My overly compacted and stuffed with stuff wall? Oh and did I mention that all walls meant behind the cabinets. Oh yes the cabinets filled with stuff. LOTS OF STUFF!

So I frantically speak to our Co-Dept. Chair Kathy- she speaks to the "guys" the large men with language barriers and it is established that I have to move my shop- tonight! Now! RIGHT FRIGGN' NOW!!!

So after a few more frantic phone calls the help brigade arrives and we move it - all of it. Harlan, Andre, Kathy, Margaret, GW, David, Breanna, Chandra, Brent, Megan, Ben and James are all my new heroes! They helped me in my hour of need and you, now.. flood and mold aside I feel very blessed to have so many people willing to help. And by goodness did we git 'er done!

And so the saga continues...

Until the next time when I can be more awake and witty..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This saga should really end soon, none of this same bat time same bat channel bulshit! Just sayin we need to get in plenty more hip hop dance lesson jokes in and this flood thing is really just distracting us.
Bree

Kat said...

Dude, haven't you been through enough. I think you are good till the end of the year. No more work crap for you. Hang in there.