Friday, January 13, 2006

Darth Vader

Can I just say how much I love my job!?!

This week I had 3 men try on red patent leather pumps with 4 inch heels. I took 2 students to the local "lotions and lace" to purchase fishnets and feather boas- only to have my school credit card declined. I then had to call purchasing to explain my dilemma- luckily they seem to understand our odd needs and approved the purchase. I've also helped my colleague with the "Phallus Canes" mock up, which consisted of a large wooden dowel and hand sculpted phallus. She chose black clay to create the proto type and her first attempt looked like a very large Darth Vader helmet! Her second draft included the shaft! (Sorry it rhymed)

I can't wait for next week!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Your job rocks!!!!

Cat said...

If you see this again liz- Hi- I am a costume shop manager for a college. We are currently working on a production of "Rocky Horror Show" and I am responsible for purchasing and constructing all of the costumes. For this show that includes, corsets, rumba panites, boas, fishnets and clear lab coats.

I hope that answers your question-
Cat

Cate said...

clear lab coats. interesting. this sounds alot like what the movie seemed to be. thought it was different? color me confused