Tuesday, January 03, 2006

No One to Blame But Me

Ok I did it. I bought the damn playstation for my husband, in fact I have now purchased 2 playstations over the last 5 years. The first one died and I was stupid enough to buy another one.

It's not like I hate the playstation, in fact I like to try my hand and mind numbing hand eye coordination from time to time.

HOWEVER..... I am beginning to despise the stupid thing. It seems to be some kind of new age siren to my husband. He hears the dulcet tones of Madden 2006 and that's it Game Over for me. Hour upon hour on the couch playing football; a CG Jake Plummer versus the entire NFL cadre. As if 16 weeks of real football isn't enough! For those that love the game I understand that it isn't, however when has a false reality become more interesting or seemingly more important than our true reality.

ARGH!!! In an effort to be an understanding wife I have attempted to try to become more involved in the "game" and understand it's rules. To be fair it is much more complex than I had previously assumed. That said- I still hate the damn thing!

Oh well at least when it is "over" I will have hours of CG dog fights, to look forward to! At least that has some kind of story line.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I feel for you my friend. I used to like video games, but I find that they make even the most intelligent people go just plain STUPID!! Hang in there.

Dani said...

But the real question is: would you feel the same about a costume game? Maybe we should open up a girly-game company. Wait...maybe this blog stuff is the female version. Lots of girl talk. And there aren't any annoying beeps or crashes. Brillant!